If you encounter the error Failed while creating virtual Ethernet switch with Invalid class string as an explanation, it means that you need to repair some DLL on your OS.
To resolve this issue you will have to use System File Check tool that is built into the Operating System to look for system file corruption. (Keep in mind it is always a good idea to have a backup of your data). Follow these steps to launch the repair process:
- Start a CMD as Administrator
- If you want to verify and repair the OS type : sfc /scannow
- If you want to check (verify only) the OS type : sfc /verifyonly (no changes will be made and it will generate a report)
- Reboot your system when the repair is successful
- Try to create again your virtual switch in Hyper-V